Monday, March 5, 2012

When Do I Get My Braces Off?

When do I Get My Braces Off

This is an every day questions we hear at Hudgins Orthodontics.  Patients are very excited in the beginning of treatment to get started   on their new smile. Usually after a year patients and parents start asking this question. Typical orthodontic treatment last between 18-24 months with retainer check periodically for a year after. One of the many things we try to do is have monthly games to play when they come in. Also, we encourage everyone to collect our Orthobucks at each visit. Once you have collect 25 or 50 Orthobucks you can trade them in for great gift cards on iTunes, Old Navy, Barnes and Noble or McDonalds. The Orthobucks are earned by coming to your appointment on time, good hygiene, wearing your rubber bands and referring your family and friends to our office.

Most importantly, in order for treatment to go as planned, practice good hygiene because healthy teeth move better, keep your appointments to stay on course and follow all of Dr. Hudgins recommendations and your new smile will be here before you know it.

1 comment:

  1. I really have this dilemma on when to take off my braces. I was offered by a Dentist in Auburn CA but i'm still having second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete